Microsoft software is available at low or no cost to San José State faculty, staff and students. For details, see:
Adobe Creative Suite is free to San José State employees and students:
- Campus owned machines: Installation should be performed by your desktop technician.
- Home use: Available for faculty and students enrolled for the current term. Visit Adobe Software Program and follow instructions to download.
Sophos antivirus software for work and home machines is free to San José State employees and students:
- Go to SJSU Antivirus.
- Sign in with your SJSUOne ID and password—the same ID and password used for campus wireless.
- The Office Edition reports to the SJSU central server, choose this option if you are installing on a University Owned computer. If you are installing on a personally owned device, download the home use option.
SPSS software from IBM is available to all currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
Please review the installation instructions folder in order to obtain the SPSS license key.
SAS software is only available to university faculty for university related research. Because SJSU has a limited number of SAS licenses, requests for this software must be approved, please fill out the Software Request form to obtain this software.
Lucidchart flowchart maker and online diagram application is free to San José State students and Faculty:
The following TechSmith software is available to all San José State faculty and staff:
- Camtasia helps you to create powerful and professional videos. For details, visit Camtasia.
- Snagit is a simple screen capture software that allows you to capture either videos or pictures of your desktop, and then edit and share. For details, visit Snagit.
This software is available for free to all faculty, staff and students at SJSU. Mathematica
can get downloaded on both campus and personal machines.